Home Care Checklist
Submit a request to Children’s Home Healthcare or locate the nearest Children’s Home Healthcare office to get started. Our clinical managers will work with you and your Physician to develop a plan of care that meets your child’s needs. To start the home care process, we will come to your home to discuss your concerns, evaluate your child’s medical needs, and answer any questions you may have.
Questions to Consider
- Is the home healthcare provider licensed?
- Are the caregivers employed by the provider and supervised by the provider’s Clinical Directors?
- Does the provider perform criminal background checks on caregivers prior to hiring?
- Is the provider responsible for deducting State, Federal, Local, and Social Security taxes from the caregivers’ wages?
- Does the provider send a Registered Nurse to meet the family and develop a plan of care for the caregivers to follow?
- Once assigned, are caregivers regularly supervised and evaluated by a Registered Nurse?
- If you are dissatisfied with your caregiver, may you request a replacement?
- Is the provider available on-call 24-hours a day / 7 days a week /365 days a year?